Betonamit type R (liquid cracking agent)
BETONAMIT® is a non-explosive cracking agent which enables comparatively precise blasting without creating an additional requirement for special conditions or equipments. It features a very good storage stability of at least 3 years. After a reaction time of only a few hours BETONAMIT® develops an enormous expansion pressure which, after a short period, is so high that every hard rock and even reinforced concrete is pressed apart. In comparison to other traditional blasting methods, BETONAMIT® works virtually silently, vibration-free and is environmentally friendly.
Betonamit type S (putty-like cracking agent)
Betonamit Type S is used primarily for overhead work, as well as for horizontal or hard-to-reach drill holes. The preparatory work and technical data for Betonamit type S corresponds to that of type R. The only and definitive difference is that, after the mixing process, the Betonamit presents itself as a kneadable mass. This mass is then shaped by hand into sausage forms and stuffed into the drill holes. Subsequently, these sausage forms are each compressed with a stick, the diameter of which corresponds approximately to that of the drill hole diameter.
Cracking control with Betonamit cracking agent
The Crack formation always takes place in the direction of the least resistance. With a little experience, these cracks can be directed very easily.
Splitting: On a concrete foundation or boulder, the holes are drilled in a line with a narrow drill hole spacing. The splitting thus always takes place from hole to hole.
Breaking: The holes are drilled offset in several rows, so as to obtain fragments as small as possible. Basic rule: the more drill holes, the smaller the fragments. The breaking takes place in a criss-cross fashion.
Loosening: For rocky subsoils or rock projections, the holes are drilled and filled to 10-20cm below the required floor level. The subsoil is loosened such that the rock can then be simply removed with an excavator bucket or hand shovel.
Unfilled drill holes: Using unfilled drill holes, a position can be determined along which the cracks should run or where a crack should end. Unfilled drill holes are mostly used for partial demolitions, where, for example, parts of a concrete foundation should remain undamaged.
Reaction time: The reaction time is influenced by the following factors: outside temperature, material and water temperature, drill hole diameter, drill hole spacing and the number of drill holes.
Advantages of Betonamit cracking agent
- The Original: stronger, faster and more copious than imitation products
- Preparatory work lasting hours, or even days, can be dispensed with
- Easy & safe to use – suitable also for craftsmen
- Certification for explosives, licenses or other permits not required
- Free & professional advice
- High-quality, certified natural product
- Employable in indoor and outdoor areas
- Targeted demolition through largely planned crack formation
- Not a hazardous product in regard to transport, storage & application
- Time and cost savings
- Damage to surrounding objects can be prevented
- Vibration-free, noiseless working
- Utilisation with rock, stone and concrete
- One product covers the temperature range from 5 – 35°C (40 – 95°F).
Fields of Application
- Demolition of concrete foundations
- Demolition of foundations for industrial machines
- Demolition of concrete stairs and floor beddings
- Crushing of boulders and other large rocks
- Removal of garden walls
- Quarries, for example in granite mining
- Predemolition of concrete bunkers, to facilitate the ensuing dismantling
- Facilitating excavation work in rocky terrain
- Cutting of natural stones for size adjustment
- Demolition of ropeway-foundations
- Road construction
- Underground mining
- DIY enthusiasts
- Demolition enterprises
- Civil engineering
- Sanitary installations
- Drilling and sawing enterprises
- Tiles layers